Photo: Marvel Studios
OPINION–Ah, the holidays! As we bust out our Christmas music and begin putting up decorations, there are also a number of beloved Christmas movies to revisit year after year. Many of us are turning to classic Christmas favorites such as Die Hard, Batman Returns, and The Star Wars Holiday Special. Here at Marvelous Movies, though, we see Iron Man 3 (2013) as a beloved classic. Here’s why it tops the list of our favorite Christmas films:
- It takes place at Christmastime, and a flashback takes place at New Year’s! (Never mind that it hit theaters in May.)
2. The plot involves a young boy befriending a lonely rich man to remind him of the things that truly matter in life. If that’s not reminiscent of at least two thirds of all Christmas movies ever made, then we don’t know what is!
3. The movie features a bearded man who seems to have magical powers and is able to watch over everyone in the world. And, just like Santa Claus, the Mandarin turned out to be a total sham.
4. Jon Favreau was in it, and he also directed Elf, so…it’s all connected? Plus, Thor: The Dark World, which came out later the same year, had elves! This all just screams “Christmas spirit” to us.
5. Lastly, like all great Hallmark Christmas classics, Iron Man 3 features a recycled, unoriginal plot with the same actors who have done this exact same story at least a few times already!
There. Doesn’t it just warm your heart?