“Cats” is a DCEU Movie and We can Prove It
Photo: Universal Studios
Cats hit theaters less than a month ago and has quickly become notorious for prompting mass walk-outs by attendees. With many questioning why it was even made or released, we here at Marvelous Movies think we have the answer. It was meant to be the newest entry in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). DC Comics has, of course, denied this, but we think the following arguments are pretty devastating:
- It was awful;
- Audiences left the theater questioning why this movie was even made;
- It got crushed at the box office by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, which was made by a Disney subsidiary;
- The CGI was horrendous;
- Most people would rather die than have to watch it again;
- No one could follow the plot;
- It attempts to normalize cat fetishes (we are 100% looking at you, Batman).
Doubtless, naysayers exist and DC has gone to extreme lengths to hide all evidence of its involvement with Cats. However, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, “awful is as awful does.” Some obvious similarities cannot be concealed.